If this is an emergency or the crime is currently in progress (or just occurred within the last 2-3 minutes), dial 9-1-1.
If you require assistance in filing a Police Report, you may call 3-1-1 to receive assistance for the following circumstances:
- You can not report the following lost or stolen online: Passports, Consular ID cards, Social Security cards, firearms, license plates or motor vehicles. Call 311 for information on having an officer make a report.
- If you know WHO the suspect is or have a description of the suspect, you cannot file your report online. Call 3-1-1 for information on having an officer make a report.
- If you do not have an email address you may call the 3-1-1 and have an online report made for you.
The following should be reported through 311 and not a Police Report:
- Graffiti (not in progress): Report buildings, public property, and other objects that have been vandalized with graffiti.
- Abandoned Vehicle: Report a vehicle that is suspected to be abandoned, or has been parked in the same space for more than 72 hours.
- Encampments or Homeless Concerns (Non-threatening situations)
Note: Upon completion, a service request number will be assigned and routed to the appropriate servicing agency. Information of these reports is shared with the San Francisco Police Department.
Police Reports may be made online by visiting the Police Report web page.