A Drop-In Center is a place that provides non-shelter services such as Showers, Internet Access, Case Management, etc.
In most cases these services are free and some shower and laundry supplies could be provided. Some Drop-In centers charge a nominal fee and some shower times are reserved by gender so it's best to call beforehand. Hours of Operation for each Drop-In Center are listed on this web page. However, hours can vary on an ad-hoc basis so it would be prudent to call the Drop-in Center before going there. Some Drop-In Centers also operate as a Shelter or as a Reservation Center to reserve an Emergency Shelter bed. If you need an Emergency Shelter bed, you cannot just drop in.
- Single Adults must go to a Reservation Center to reserve a bed.
- Family Emergency Shelter Procedures information.
List of Services Provided by Drop-In Centers:
United Council of Human Services
2111 Jennings Street, San Francisco, CA 94124
Drop In Hours: Daily, 7am to 7pm
3543 18th Street #24, San Francisco, Ca 94110
Drop In Hours: (Check website for more information. There are multiple SF locations with Lava Mae services and each have their own schedule. The address listed above is the main source of contact. )
- Main Clinic - 240 Shotwell Street; Open Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri, 8:30am to 5:15pm; Wed 10:30am to 5pm
- Tel: 415-552-3870 / TTY: 415-552-8567
- Excelsior Clinic - 4434 Mission Street; Open Mon thru Fri, 8:30am to 5:30pm
- Tel: 415-406-1353
- Resource Center (MNRC) - 165 Capp Street; Open Mon thru Fri, 7am to 7pm
- Tel: 415-869-7977
1950 Mission Street, San Francisco, Ca
Call 415-487-3300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org regarding shelters
1049 Howard Street, San Francisco, Ca
211 13th Street, San Francisco, Ca
Call 415-293-7360 or email email@example.com
525 5th Street (at Bryant), San Francisco, CA 94107
150 Golden Gate Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94102