To report powered (motorized) scooters without a license plate being ridden in an improper manner or unsafe operation, e.g. on a sidewalk, weaving in & out of traffic, etc., the following options are available:
- Permitted Scooter Share company: options 1, 2 or 3; see companies list below.
- Non-permitted Scooter Share company, e.g. Go X, Skip, etc.: options 1 or 2.
- Privately owned scooters or unidentified Scooter Share company: option 2 only.
- Submit a complaint to the SFMTA Scooter Program using the SF311 form below.
- Report the incident to the SF Police Dept. Non-Emergency line: 415-553-0123. This is an information only incident report unless you specifically requests having an officer respond to the location in-person.
- Report the incident directly to the specific Scooter Share company.
The following Scooter Share companies are permitted by SFMTA to operate within San Francisco:
- JUMP (Uber): 844-505-9155 | Online Web Form
- Lime: 415-818-1305 | email@example.com
- Scoot: 415-371-9504 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spin: 888-262-5189 | email@example.com
For all three reporting options, in addition to the Scooter Co. name (whenever possible), please provide as much of the following information as possible:
- The scooter number
- The date & time of the incident
- The location of the incident & direction of travel
- A brief physical description of the rider
If there are any issues with the form loading please click here.