Under the supervision of the Call Center Manager, this position will be responsible in assisting the Call Center Manager in overseeing day to day operations and performance of the Customer Service Center Supervisors and Customer Service Representatives and any other subordinate staff. The position will initially be scheduled Tuesday through Saturday 11:30am-8pm. Since this position is new, the schedule will be evaluated and is subject to change at the Call Center Manager’s discretion, which could include evening, weekends, or holidays. Excellent written and oral communicatoin skils and proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
The essential functions include, but is not limited to: assistance with complex and escalated customer complaints, monitoring and analyzing service levels to identify areas of improvement and/or call pattern or staffing irregularities; helping with development and write-up of department’s policies and processes; assisting in the development of call center reports for Executive Management team; assisting in resolving any employment conflicts; serving on interview panels and assisting in selection process when hiring new subordinate candidates; and performing related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
At the direction of the Call Center Manager:
- Works collaboratively with Work Force Manager and Supervisors to coordinate work activities within the 311 Call Center to ensure the center runs efficiently and effectively.
- Provides technical and administrative assistance to the Call Center Manager by developing, preparing, and presenting call center reports or other administrative duties, as assigned.
- Serves as an escalation contact. Investigates and resolves escalated and difficult customer service complaints to ensure customer issues are resolved and responded to in a timely and accurate manner. Researches and makes recommendations on feedback submitted through 311’s self-service portals.
- Assists Work Force Manager with the allocation of resources to ensure the highest level of customer service. Identifies real time call volume interruptions, call pattern anomalies, and staffing irregularities that impact contact center performance. Recommends procedural and operational changes to improve work processes.
- Monitors performance standards of 311’s Customer Service Supervisors, Leads, Representatives, and other subordinate staff, including collecting and distributing performance results to staff. Ensures all employee development is conducted consistently and in a timely fashion. • Supports the development and implementation of policies and procedures; performs research and statistical analysis as requested; prepares related reports and written documentation.
- Administers employee attendance records. Oversee the maintenance of attendance records of customer service representatives and other subordinate staff. Ensures compliance of all Leave of Absence, and assists with accommodation requests and ergonomic requirements.
- Participates and assists with recruitment and selection of customer service staff; serves on interview panels.
1. Possession of Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in public or business administration, accounting, finance, economics, social sciences, education or related fields, or other subject areas closely related to a specific departmental program or function; AND
2. Three (3) years full-time equivalent experience performing professional-level management and/or administrative duties in functional areas such as: program/office/operations management, budget development and/or administration, development and administration of contractual agreements and/or grants, or other closely related functional areas.
Applicants may substitute up to 2 years of the required education with additional qualifying experience in program/office/operations management, budget development and/or administration, or contract/grant administration. One year (2000 hours) of additional qualifying experience will be considered equivalent to 30 semester units/45 quarter units.
- Experience in policy and procedure development, human resources, and report development on Excel.
- Excellent written, oral and proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- Ability to interact cordially with co-workers and use good judgment with dealing with escalated issues from the public
- Advanced Knowledge of spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Excel, word processing software such as Microsoft Word, and presentation software such as Power Point as well as strong understanding of internet search engines.
- Previous experience supervising subordinate staff and handling performance reporting in a Call Center Environment, an environment with high volume of customer interactions, or directly involved in data or predictive analytics..