If this is a police, fire, medical, or other emergency, please call 911 immediately.
Please provide the following information with your request:
- Type and/or description of sign
- Where the sign is located (closest address or intersection)
- Description of the problem (graffiti, hanging, damaged, pole leaning/knocked over, etc.)
Billboards: Structure number on billboard is required to report issue.
Park Signs: Not related to Parking and Traffic signs; e.g. park name signs, trail signs, etc.
Private Signs: The City and County of San Francisco does not have jurisdiction over private property. It is the responsibility of the property owner to maintain privately owned signs.
Parking and Traffic Signs: Highway, Freeway, Sidewalk or City Street
1. CalTrans Property
: Any freeways, including on or off ramps; Any medians along highways listed below:
2. Public Property (e.g. Airport, Port, Golden Gate Park, John McLaren Park, GGNRA, etc.)
- Traffic signs, such as Street Names, Directional (Right/Left), One Way, Freeway signs on Sidewalk (not medians), etc.
- Parking signs, such as Street Cleaning, No Parking, Residential Parking Permit, etc.