Seal of the City and County of San Francisco
City and County of San Francisco

To view graphic version of this page, refresh this page (F5)

Skip to page body

Report Graffiti

If this is a police, fire, medical, or other emergency, please call 911 immediately.

  • DPW will paint out graffiti on public property and notify other agencies and private property owners of the presence of graffiti, so they can remove it.
  • Check here for information about Graffiti Removal Resources
  • Please provide the following with your service request:
    • Location where service is needed (address or intersection)
    • Nature of the graffiti (offensive, not offensive)
    • Type of building or object that graffiti is on (house, newsrack, etc.)
  • Join the fight against Graffiti in San Francisco.  Volunteer to help.

In a park
In a park
City park or playground including Golden Gate Park and John McLaren Park


On a Sign and/or Sign Pole
Street name signs, street cleaning signs, traffic signs, sign poles/supports, etc.

Parking Meter
On Public Property
Bike rack, City garbage can, fire hydrant, mailbox, newsrack, parking meters, public toilet, transit shelter/ platform, etc.

Private Property

On Private Property
Personal residences, homes, private office buildings


Other Locations
MUNI buses/trains/cable cars, billboards, BART, Caltrains, Schools




Having trouble finding a service? Need assistance in another language?
Dial 3-1-1 (within SF only) or (415) 701-2311; TTY direct (415) 701-2323
24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year

Provide feedback to SF311

Last updated: 9/15/2014 1:58:40 PM