|If this is a police, fire, medical, or other emergency, please call 911 immediately.
- The Department of Public Works is responsible for investigating obstructions and repairing defects on most of the city's streets and sidewalks. In some cases, re-paving or repair is deferred due to upcoming capital projects. For more info, review the Five Year Plan.
- Check here for information about What Causes Potholes?
- Information about the Sidewalk Inspection and Repair Program
- Please provide the following with your service request:
- Location where service is needed (address or intersection)
- Type of defect or obstruction (pothole, crack in pavement, sewers, etc.)
Having trouble finding a service? Need assistance in another language?
Dial 3-1-1 (within SF only) or (415) 701-2311; TTY direct (415) 701-2323
24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
Provide feedback to SF311